~*~Q & A~*~
1) What are some of your pet peeves you have while writing?Great question! I have two. The first is noise. I need total silence in order to write. Unless, I've had a glass of wine, then music is okay. The second is when some one peeks over my shoulder to see what I'm writing. I REALLY hate that.
2) What are your top inspirations in the writing world? (i.e. author?)I love Emily Giffin. She loves to write about gray areas and so do I. I also admire her for her fantastic career and dedicated readership. Elizabeth Gilbert is another. I love the way she orchestrates words so beautifully.
3) Once you have an idea, how do you brainstorm?I always outline a story, just like we did in high school. But I love to bounce ideas off of my husband. He doesn't read my genre, but he has a great understanding of story structure and can always see my story from a new perspective. I call him my story consultant and I pay him in kisses!
4) What is your guilty pleasure food?That's easy. The California Skillet with pancakes but no bacon (I'm Veg.) from Village Inn. I constantly crave this meal.
5) Have you ever met a celebrity (minor or major)? And how was it?I've met a few celebrities including James Shaffer from the band Korn and Evangelist, Pat Robertson (both are long stories), but my favorite celeb meeting was my friend Ty Hodges. At the time Ty was all over the Disney Channel. I wrote him a fan letter when I was 14 and a few weeks later I got an email back from him, and we became buddies. I saw him last in DC when he showed his film Miles From Home at a film festival. He's a super talented guy.