I am currently not taking on any review requests at this time. I'm literally up to my eyeballs in review requests and my current waiting list is the length of my arm. I will begin accepting requests when this message is cleared from my page.
Book Review Policy
Authors, Publishers, Publicists, etc.; please read the entire page for my policies regarding book reviews, book promotions, etc. prior to submitting your request. Should you have any questions or concerns, please email me at theconsummatereader.32491(at)gmail(dot)com
**For indie authors and first time writers, here are some helpful tips. Review Request Etiquette. I highly recommend that you read through the list before sending me a review request.**
The Consummate Reader does not receive monetary gain or favors in return for positive reviews.
I reserve the right to be honest and true to our opinion in the books we read. If for any reason, I cannot give a positive review, I will contact the requester to notify them and will not post a review upon request. Otherwise, all reviews will go up on the blog (see below for additional venues).
All requests accepted do not guarantee a review post, unless an agreement was made between me and author or author's affiliates
I DO accept requests from Independent Book Publishers and Self-Published Authors, so feel free to e-mail me!
I will not include spoilers in my reviews, but I will try to negotiate to include a few lines from the book.
Genres I Accept:
Genres I DO NOT Accept:
If there is a genre you don't see here, feel free to leave a comment with your e-mail and I'll respond with an enthusiastic YES! or a slightly apologetic NO.
- accept ARCs, newly released and backlist titles for reviews
- review books in the middle of a series, but I may request that you send the previous titles if I have not read them or do not own them. I will review each title sent separately
- accept ebooks in PDF format
- accept kindle mobi files***
- accept audiobooks
- accept adobe digital files
- accept Self Published Books
- ARCs are never sold
- Once reviewed may be offered to readers in a giveaway and/or contest
- Accepted from authors, publishers, and/or publicists
2 stars = a little rough around the edges
3 stars = good read, but needs some work
4 stars = awesome read
5 stars = mind-blowing read, worth buying
I also give ½ stars (ex. 3 ½) where applicable.
- Barnes and Noble
The Consummate Reader is more than happy to provide you with the opportunity to share your books! Author interviews, guest posts, hosting giveaways, and participating in blog tours are all wonderful alternatives to a book review. If you would like The Consummate Reader to participate in any of these activities, email me.
- Must be 18 years old or older to participate
- Must live within the United States
- The Consummate Reader is not responsible for items lost or damaged in shipping or items shipped from a 3rd party sponsor.
- Winners will be chosen randomly by The Consummate Reader using Rafflecopter
- Winners will be contacted by The Consummate Reader via email or blog post depending on availability
- If winners do not respond to the notification that they've won within 5 days, The Consummate Reader has the right to draw new winners
- Winners must provide The Consummate Reader with a correct mailing address if you wish for the book to be shipped to your address
- Additional rules, regulations and limits may be included for each contest and/or giveaway, please read the information provided.
- The Consummate Reader does not offer international giveaways, unless otherwise stated.
I value your privacy so I am committed to protecting your privacy. The information collected about you will allow me to notify you of your order, giveaway and/or contest status or it will be used to process your order and/or giveaways/contest.
Information about you that I will need for contests and/or giveaways may include:
- Your Name
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
By entering a contest and/or giveaway, you consent to the collection and use of your information by The Consummate Reader.
All giveaways are specifically for residents of the United States, unless stated otherwise.
Please review the policies and rules of the affiliated sites and/or contest/giveaway sponsors The Consummate Reader cannot be held responsible nor liable for their use of your information.